Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Don't Get... Segment Introduction

I don't want to sound like the loud, small minded "Eddy Expat," one frequently encounters when living or traveling abroad.  You know, that guy who denounces the other culture while they are in said culture with natives around talking loudly with other foreigners- enough for the entire bus to hear them.  If you want to experience one hop on any bus heading for San Ignacio or Punta Gorda, in Belize, during the tourist season.  However, there are simply too many instances, comical or otherwise, where I'm utterly confused in a cultural situation and though they are probably not that unique to foreigners, past or current, in the same situation, its unique to me and others who have yet to experience wherever I am.  So, I will write about them in this segment called, I Don't Get... 

Therefore I open myself up to people that are foreign to me to laugh at the way I do things and would love to hear it.   If you give it, you gotta take it.  

No comments: